Wednesday 13 August 2014

Introduction

MY NAME IS INDY.

I'm seventeen, living in the north west of England and currently studying Art / Design, English Literature and Psychology at A Level. I plan to go to university after I finish my A Levels next year to study Fashion and Marketing. I'm ditsy, creative, I talk a bit too much, I love scary things and I'm the eldest of five girls.


WHAT INSPIRED ME TO START THIS BLOG?

I decided to start 'The Dazed Youth' in a pursuit to keep myself amused over the rest of the summer, as blogging seems like a good place to express myself and share my ramblings with whoever they may interest. I also need some more experience concerning 'journalism' and wanted to expand my blogging experience beyond the world of Tumblr. I also think it will be beneficial to me concerning my ambition to achieve a career in fashion marketing.

WHAT WILL I BE BLOGGING ABOUT?

I plan to blog at least daily until school starts again, after which I will blog whenever I can on top of art/english coursework, psychology homework, a part-time college course and, inevitably, catching up on sleep.

My many interests include fashion, art, photography, reading, Buddhism, interior design, hair/beauty, music, obscura, watching films, travelling, magazines and finding pleasure in pretty much everything I encounter! Therefore I'm likely to post about my everyday life, whenever something remotely interesting or relevant happens. I'll be posting about my art (by 'art' I mean anything I make that requires any fraction of my imagination), other peoples' art, my outfits, fab music artists, fashion designers... I will post tutorials and reviews, rants, playlists, diary entries, articles... and lots of photographs. This is a quote I feel deeply for when it comes to capturing memories in the little circle lens of a camera;

“I had rescued the moment by using my camera and in that way had found how to stop time and hold it. No one could take that image away from me because I owned it.” 
― Alice SeboldThe Lovely Bones

Hopefully you will find some delight in what I post, and if not, then at least I will be! I will, however, always be open to taking requests for posts on whatever subject you deem interesting.

WHAT DOES 'THE DAZED YOUTH' MEAN?


Daze; a state of stunned confusion or bewilderment.

I consider myself to be in a constantly dazed state of mind as I am always slightly confused. This is probably because I have no common sense whatsoever, however I think a nicer way to put it might be that I am perpetually at awe with the world around me. Ha.

Youth; the period between childhood and adult age.

Basically - our teenage years. I am a teenager. I want to embrace this time while it lasts, as everyone says these are the best years of our lives (doubtful about this one, but I can't yet make a judgement)!

There's my explanation. I wanted a blog name that I found related quite well to me, and I think this one does, in a more creative way than my Tumblr URL 'in-dy' ever did.

Thank you so much for reading my first post!

No comments:

Post a Comment