Saturday 30 August 2014

August Birchbox

Birchbox is a beauty / lifestyle subscription service that sends samples of high-end products picked to suit you every month. I decided to subscribe as soon as I found out about Birchbox, as I love trying new products and finding things I love. Each box also includes a fold-out card full of DIY beauty tips and things relating to the month's theme.



My Birchbox arrived today and I was really excited to open it. I'd already seen samples of the August Birchbox on various blogs and on the Birchbox website, but September's box will be a complete surprise to open. The box is a lovely sturdy cardboard one that you can use again for various things!





Here are all the products from my Birchbox. I think everyone receives something slightly different each time - here is what you could receive in August's Birchbox (you can still order one now).
It included;

Big enough to fit all of this month's products yet small enough to easily fit in your hand luggage! The colour scheme is also really lovely and summery. (This month's theme was 'Away We Go!' so everything is perfect to use while on holiday.)

This is a mineral-infused exfoliator that is safe for sensitive skin. It smells slightly like fresh lemons and after using, you can actually feel the difference it makes on your skin - a lot softer and with a cleansed feeling.

The first chapter from The Proposal by Tasmina Perry
This romantic novel is set between mid-50s London and modern New York, following two girls in a story of love, betrayal and adventure.

You can feel how conditioning this spray is just by rubbing some into your hands! It detangles, strengthens, repairs and tames damaged hair, leaving a soft and healthy feeling, as well as being 100% vegan!

I used some of this Supergoop cream and was amazed with the coverage it gave. It's SPF 35 so helps keep skin looking youthful and flawless, and works as both a primer and foundation. I received the light - medium colour and the cream self-adjusts to your shade! It uses 100% natural ingredients and minerals to smooth the appearance of pores and soften the skin.

This body butter smells so gorgeous and leaves skin feeling super moisturised and soft. I used it on my hands and unlike most hand creams even, this stuff is non-greasy so that I can actually do things after using it!

This is my favourite thing out of this month's Birchbox. It's really versatile cream-based product as it can be used as an eyeshadow, bronzer and a lip tint! It gives you a great golden glow and is the full-sized version so will last a while.



In the above photos I am wearing the CC cream as foundation and the Multi-Purpose cream on my lips. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment